Creativity Is Endless
FREE Templates Available
Go green, be eco-friendly and make a paper maché craft project. Paper Maché is a great way to use items we have that may otherwise be thrown away. It's one small way we can help protect our environment.
Recipes Vary for Paper MachéPaper Maché recipes vary. You can use white glue and water. Wallpaper paste is another way to create paper mache however it may be a little expensive and it can have a strong odor.
Liquid starch also works, however I have to say I could not find liquid starch in any of the stores in my city. I used the cooked flour and water recipe and found it to work just fine and I was able to save it for the next day to continue my project.
The cooked flour recipe is 5 parts water to 1 part flour and 1-2 tablespoons of salt which prevents mold.
- 1 part flour to 5 parts water
- Begin by adding 4 cups of water to a large pot over medium to high heat to boil and add 1-2 tablespoons of salt.
- While waiting for water to boil mix 1 cup flour with 1 cup of water and mix well to blend stirring until smooth.
- Add to the boiling water and stir well making sure there are no lumps. You can use a hand mixer to do this process.
- Set aside and pour into a bowl to let cool.
- Dip one newspaper strip at a time in the flour mixture. Be sure it is well coated and run the strip between your thumb and fore-finger to remove excess paste.
- Add the wet newspaper strip to your mold and smooth out the wrinkles with your hand.
- Continue this process until mold is covered.
- Place up to four layers of newspaper on the mold and set it aside.
- Allow it to dry completely. This can take 24-48 hours - depending on the temperature and humidity.
Repeat this proces until you achieve the thickness you want for your mold. Keep in mind this can take several days before the molds dry completely.
Download Alphabet Pages
Download Number Pages
Free Coloring Pages
**The free downloads/templates from this web site are not to be
copied and used in any form of media, public distribution, or for any purpose other than your
A Rainbow of Shapes. It's the perfect gift for baby showers, new baby gifts, and toddler birthday gifts.
All Rights Reserved
The graphics and images are the property of kidswonderart.com and may not be copied or reproduced in any way.